- Branding, Logos, and Templates
- Information Technology
Club StatusLast Updated: November 10, 2015 - 7:11 PM
This is an unofficial summary of the points that are listed in the Clubs Policy. This document should be used for educational purposes only. References to policy should be done in the official version found on the CUS website.
- In the CUS Constitution, the overarching term used to reference a club is a “CUS Recognized Club.” These are hereby referenced as Commerce Clubs.
- To be classified as a Commerce Club, certain requirements must be met, such as being an AMS Club, not controlled by a third‐party organization, or not being a for‐profit business. (See the Clubs Policy for a full list of requirements). In terms of club membership, there is a membership minimum and ratio requirement of executives to general members. An application can be made to the CUS Board of Directors to allow to exemption from the membership requirements of the Clubs Policy. A presentation must also be made to the Executive Council prior to receiving club affiliation status. Approval to become a Commerce Club will be granted by the Executive Council.
- In addition to certain club requirements, some documentation must also be produced one week before the Executive Council meeting. (See the Clubs Policy for a full list of documentation)
- Clubs’ Council is a meeting of the all the Commerce Clubs Presidents (or an official designate). The purpose is to advise on issues within Commerce Clubs. This is chaired by the CUS VP Internal.
- CUS Policies shall be enforced on all Commerce Clubs, unless the club already has procedures in place as per their club’s constitution. If the club already has verifiable procedures in place, then enforcement of CUS Policies shall not apply. If a club does not have specific procedures outlined, then they must follow CUS Policy.
- Every year, all Commerce Clubs must have their classification reregistered. Reregistration must happen by the date specified in the Clubs Policy.
For more information, contact the Vice-President Internal at firstname.lastname@example.org